Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Where'd You Go?

OK, definitely guilty as charged... I think that my last post was in January, at which point, I think I may have made some commitment to start blogging more often... well, now being in October, it's pretty clear that didn't happen. So, what's been so important that has pulled me away from the decorating and blog universe?

Well, first of all, I received a promotion at work in March. I went from being a Home Decor Sales Associate to a Supervisor of Flooring and Decor at good ole' Home Depot. It's something that I've worked really hard for, and was honored to be recognized for the position. Having said that, it certainly has increased my work load, and there is a bit more stress accompanied with the job. But, at the end of the day, I love what I do, so it's all worth it. While I really enjoyed helping people with their home decor chaos, I enjoy helping coach other people in doing that role even more. So, that's that for now, and I suppose we'll see where that position takes me.
 
Secondly, and more importantly, on May 24th, we welcomed our son, Everett, into the world. He's a really content little guy, and has the best laughs on smiles. Meanwhile, it's been a bit exhausting keeping up with a two and a half year old as well. Hazel's been busy doing everything from learning new vocabulary, starting dance class, and even lathering her entire body in Vicks VapoRub- another story for another time.

So, all in all, there's been some pretty amazing life changes that have prominently taken priority away from blogging and home decor in general. I'm hoping to give this another go, and am really excited to share with you some projects I've recently completed, as well as some knowledge that I've gleaned in my current promotion. So, here we go again- hopefully for the long haul.

No comments:

Post a Comment